Thursday, December 3, 2009

December

Well, I can already tell that this month is going to be really busy (with the holidays, not picture taking) so I'm going to try really hard to get a few good submissions in before it gets too crazy. But on the other hand, I've read that microstock is pretty quiet this month anyways.

The one thing I'm really looking forward to is my next Shutterstock application (in 6 days). Hopefully this month is the month, but if not, there's always next year! :-)

I enjoy reading all of the other microstock blogs out there and some of you have come a long way in just a few short months. Certainly shows me that I have to really grow my portfolio (by about 1000 - haha)!

Have a great week!

P.S. For those photographers out there, when you do a model shoot, do you have one universal model release that you use for all of your agencies, or do you use a separate one for each agency? I see that Yuri Arcurs has a universal release on his site, but I have not used it yet. But it would be easier to use one form versus 6 or 7.

6 comments:

Luis Santos said...

Hi there! I use that model release form from Yuri and works in all agencies :)

With your good skills on white I would photograph some objects/food etc..!

nice December :)

BJS said...

Thanks - that's good to know that it works! Hope you have a good month!

Brad Shearer said...

I also use a single release and use it for all agencies.

I also wanted to say echo that I am really enjoying reading you blog as well. I think we are on the same size portfolio wise, but you are very quickly surpasing me. Your helping to motivate me to take and submit more photos for sure.

BJS said...

Thanks Brad! To be very honest, I have been very lucky with a few of my photos. Most of my sales come from the same pictures. If it wasn't for those pictures, my earnings would be very close to $0.

That's the hardest thing for me - figuring out what sells. The pictures that I like the most barely get any views, let alone sales.

eugenvidric said...

Hi there. Been reading this for a while, so just to say hello and comment. Anyways, I'm using the universal model release and it works on all agencies I tried so far. And good luck with your shutterstock submission, shutterstock was the thing that kept me going when I wanted to quit: I had only a few sales, nothing much, then registered and in two weeks I already had 30$ with about 50 photos. Try hard, you won't regret it! Cheers

microstock.blog.hr

BJS said...

Hi Eugenvidric! My application to SS went in today. And I used the universal model release on my application as well!

Post a Comment