Friday, October 23, 2009

picNiche.com - Firefox Add-On for Microstock Buyers and Contributors

After posting on www.microstockgroup.com about the length of time it takes me to upload images, one of the contributors suggested that I look into the picNiche Firefox add-on. I went ahead an added this program and already I'm pleased with what I see. Taken from the website, www.picniche.com (and clicking on the toolbar link at the top), the picNiche add-on offers the following:

FOR BUYERS:

The Microstock Image Search toolbar is built for image buyers. It'll help you find images. It also has features to:

  • Send image-requests direct to contributors
  • Search across many agencies
  • Notifications when contributors add new images you may interested in
  • Simple image-log for tracking projects
  • Built-in global Upcoming Events calendar
  • Keep informed about news, events, and promotions from microstock agencies
FOR CONTRIBUTORS:

The Microstock Contributors toolbar is built for image creators. It'll help you find images for research, but it also has a lot of other features too:

  • Get notified when you make a sale on each agency
  • Get notified when images you've submitted are approved
  • Announce approved images direct to buyers
  • See your current earnings for each agency at-a-glance
  • Quick associative keywording tool
  • Workflow improvements through the image submission process
  • FTP-Upload drop-box for six agencies
  • Built-in global Upcoming Events calendar
  • Keep informed about news, events, and promotions from microstock agencies and community websites

As I type this blog, all I have to do is look up and all of my earnings are there in real-time. If I get a new sale, I should receive a pop up notification telling me about it. I'm not too sure about the other capabilities (FTP, notifications when images are approved/rejected, keywording, etc) since I have not had a chance to try them out, but this may really save me some time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment