Tuesday, October 27, 2009

iStock: Back to the Drawing Board

Today my iStock application was rejected again. Actually, 2 out of 3 images are approved, so it's not like I have to start from scratch each time. Honestly, I had a feeling that my 3rd image would be denied, but since that same image was approved on ALL of my other stock sites (including Fotolia, which is my toughest critic so far), I thought I would give it a shot.

On the plus side, I'm starting to get a feel for what it takes to get images approved through the stricter websites. And I love a challenge, so it's all good.

Better luck next month!

2 comments:

me said...

Hi, you're off to a great start. Right where I was a year ago. Watch what sells and doesn't and hone your subject matter. But don't duplicate those subjects too much or you'll cannibalize your own sales... branch out, but when a subject doesn't seem to sell, move on. I find that the more artistic images I'm most proud of don't sell as well as the simpler, more conceptual ones. Regarding iStock, before you apply again, send a few shots to their critique forum, and the folks there will help you decide. I did that last time, and it absolutely helped... took me a year to get into iStock! But now it's earning quite nicely for me. Keep it up!

BJS said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post! I think I will take your advice and head over to the IS forum. Can't hurt!

Thanks again!

Post a Comment