Saturday, October 17, 2009

Goals

My goal for each month is to add 40 approved images to each portfolio. Different websites have different criteria, so for some companies, this will be a pretty easy goal to attain. For others, it may be a bit harder. As of October 17th, my photo status is as follows:



Submitted
Approved
Declined
Pending
123RF
39
34
5
0
BSP
40
18
14
8
CSP
27
27
0
0
DT
39
14
13
12
FT
40
13
27
0
SXP
40
23
7
10

As you can see, each website has approved/declined a different numbers of photos. I try not to get discouraged. In fact, it has become a challenge of mine to improve my approval ratio with each upload. I'm starting to get a handle on my lighting and camera settings and (in my opinion), I'm starting to take better pictures. For example:

This is a before/after of one of my earliest photo submissions:

Making a few white balance changes and altering the depth of field can really make a difference. Although, you never know what the potential buyer is looking for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment